In this post you will find list of vitamin c rich fruits which will help you boost your immunity.
Vitamin C, commonly known as ascorbic acid, is one of the most important and powerful nutrients.
Immune system inadequacies, cardiovascular illness, prenatal health concerns, eye disease, and skin ageing may all be protected by vitamin C. Not only does it aid in the management of high blood pressure, but it also aids in the prevention of iron deficiency and boosts immunity. For more details click here.
How much vitamin C do I need daily?
The recommended daily allowance of vitamin C for adults is:
- 90 milligrams for males
- 75 milligrams for females
Below are 10 best Vitamin C Rich fruits to boost your immunity naturally
What are 5 fruits that are rich in vitamin C?
Citrus fruits helps to build up immune system. Citrus fruits are Vitamin C rich fruits. Citrus fruits also have good amounts of other vitamins and minerals that your body needs to function properly, including B vitamins, potassium, phosphorous. Most common citrus fruits are oranges, lemons, tangerines and grapefruit.
Which fruit is highest in vitamin C ?
Let’s have a look on their Nutrition Facts
- 1 large orange has 97.5 Milligrams (mg) per serving
- 1 lemon has 44.5 Milligrams (mg) per serving
- ½ medium fruit has 39 (mg) per serving
- 1 medium size tangerine has Calories: 40
Benefits of Citrus Fruits
- Citrus fruits have nutritious and contain plant compounds that can protect against a variety of diseases, including cancer, heart disease, brain dysfunction and kidney stones.
Guava is easily available in Indian subcontinent and is extremely Vitamin C rich fruit. This much Vitamin C is over twice our daily intake requirement! They are also rich in other essential nutrients like dietary fiber, folic acid, potassium and manganese. It contains as much as 250 mg of Vitamin C in a 100 gm serving.
Which fruit is excellent for boosting immunity and also rich source of vitamin C?
Papaya contains 62 mg of vitamin C per 100 grams and hence are extremely vitamin C rich fruit. One cup of papaya delivers 87 mg of vitamin C, which play an important role in improving memory.
One small papaya (152 grams) contains:
- Calories: 59
- Protein: 1 gram
- Carbohydrates: 15 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
Benefits of Papaya includes:
- It has Has Powerful Antioxidant Effects
- Papayas are very high in carotenoids that can reduce inflammation.
- It Improve Digestion
Nowadays there are many common disease spreading through the world. In order to get rid of common cold, cough, just mix two teaspoons of amla powder with two teaspoons of honey and have it three to four times a day for instant relief when you have a cold or a cough or consume once daily for permanent protection.
Kiwi is full of of nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin E, folate, and potassium. It can also help us to manage our blood pressure. It not only Can help treat asthma but also can Boosts the immune system. It is one of the vital vitamin C rich fruit.
About 2 medium sized kiwi fruits contain as much as 137.2 mg of vitamin C.
Broccoli is a green vegetable that vaguely resembles a miniature tree. It belongs to the plant species known as Brassica oleracea. It can be eaten cooked or raw — both are perfectly healthy but provide different nutrient values.
- One cup (91 grams) of raw broccoli packs Vitamin C: 135% of the RDI.
- 100 gm of which packs 132 mg of vitamin C, a whole lot of fiber, and just about 30 calories!
- It Contains Potent Antioxidants That Offer Health-Protective Effects. It not only contains Potent Antioxidants but also Protect Against Certain Types of Cancer
Bell peppers/ sweet peppers, are a popular vegetable that people can be either eaten raw or cooked. Red peppers are high in vitamin C.
The main nutrients in 100 grams of raw, red bell peppers are Calories:
- Water: 92%
- Protein: 1 gram
- Carbs: 6 grams
- Sugar: 4.2 grams
- Fiber: 2.1 grams
- Fat: 0.3 grams
Benefits of consuming Bell peppers are:
- It prevents anaemia
- Its improves eye health
- Reduced risk of several chronic diseases
Do tomatoes have vitamin C?
Tomatoes are ubiquitous in the Indian Diet. They appear in sauces, salads, juices, soups and elsewhere. Tomatoes are healthful as well as tasty and versatile. Tomatoes are Vitamin C rich fruit and antioxidants which helps in flushing out the harmful free radicals from the system. Thus, preventing cancer and other deadly diseases.
Benefits of tomatoes includes:
- Makes the bones strong
- Reduce the risk of heart disease
- Improves eyesight
- Reduces the risk of neurological diseases
The sweet, slightly tart berries, are popular fruits and are loved by many of us. They do not rapidly boost a person’s blood sugar. There are many
Benefits of consuming these berries like it prevent heart disease, prevents stroke, also provide benefits for people who have a raised risk of high blood pressure by helping to offset the effects of sodium in the body, reduces constipated, etc.
The nutrient value in 100 grams of raw strawberries are:
- Calories: 32
- Protein: 0.7 grams
- Carbs: 7.7 grams
- Sugar: 4.9 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Fat: 0.3 grams
Which Indian fruits are rich in vitamin C?
Leafy green vegetables like spinach are pretty rich in Vitamin C, and are also the richest sources of plant nutrients. One 100 gm serving of spinach packs as much as 120 mg of Vitamin C, which is just about enough for a day. Various most common leafy vegetable includes:
- Kale is considered one of the most nutrient-dense vegetables on the planet due to its many vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. One cup (67 grams) of raw kale packs 684% of the Daily Value (DV) for vitamin K and 134% of the DV for vitamin C
- Spinach is a popular leafy green vegetable and is easily incorporated into a variety of dishes, including soups, sauces, smoothies and salads.
Its nutrient profile is impressive with one cup (30 grams) of raw spinach providing 181% of the DV for vitamin K, 56% of the DV for vitamin A To reap the many impressive health benefits of leafy greens, make sure to include a variety of these vegetables in your diet.
Stay healthy, Stay safe!!